1.03.2008

New year...Looking waaaaay back

Hey out there...Happy New Year! I was rummaging around my files looking for rough draft posts that I could whip out real quick and I came across this scan of "Deanna's favorites" from 1990 (age 13). Before I look to the new year, I thought it would be kind of fun to look back at the Deanna from 18 years ago and see what's changed and what's stayed the same.





I can say that many things have stayed the same about me, which is sort of strange and cool. Some things are not relevant any more...like I don't have a favorite class or lunch. Ms. Sbelgio (hey Jr. Historians!) will always be the coolest teacher I ever had. Vanessa is still a very close and dear friend. Depeche Mode is not my favorite band, but I remember writing this after the Violator album came out. I was in 8th grade and this album introduced me to New Wave music. I was hooked. And if you know me well, you know I'm still totally in to french fries and cats (but, not together). I have to laugh about the 90210 and Steel Magnolia's reference, although, they are classics.

I believe that we are really our truest selves as young adults...a lot changes, but a lot stays the same. There's so much past in my present...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I ditched rap music at 18 or 19 and was looking to see what rock music was all about the first tape I bought was Depeche Mode's Violator because of hearing it so much when I was growing up. Who would have known the impact it would have had on me hearing it blasted from the room?!

-B

Unknown said...

awwww... That is adorable. I love you D!

Anonymous said...

OMG!! Remeber when we rode the bus to the main library to checkout Yaz's Upstairs at Eric's album?!?!

opalessence said...

This is really cool! We had/have alot in common! Beverly Hills 90210 love it!