1.24.2008

What's it like to be a crafty genius?

Received this little nugget in the mail today.



Most works of non-fiction don't hold my interest, however, Craft Inc has gotten rave reviews by crafty women I admire. I used Amazon's Online Reader to peer inside the book and I was hooked after reading Chapter 1: Creative Mythology - which dispels such myths as (or excuses as I call them) "to be an artist you should have a background in fine arts or design" and "all of the great ideas have already been done, someone else could do it better than I ever could." If anything, I'm hoping it will inspire me further.

If you're interested to know, I picked it up from Amazon.com for under $12. Three reasons Amazon.com is great if you like to buy books (that's all I buy from there): Reason 1-the books always seem to be on sale or discounted. This one was 32% off cover price. Not too shabby. Reason 2-free standard shipping for orders over $25. For me, it takes about a week. I'm sure that's the norm. Reason 3-I never have to pay tax on my orders. I live in Texas, so I'm not sure if that's different elsewhere.

Well, I'm off to catch up on my reading. Toodles.

No comments: