1.21.2008

I-heart-vintage

**Update** I added some photos for La Luz and Hog Wild

My friends and I did some vintage-store browsing this weekend. We made a stop at some of the best shops in Austin: Homegirls, Hog Wild, Room Service (north), Austin Modern and La Luz. I picked up this lovely little ceramic casserole dish with lid by Oven Proof USA at Room Service for only $4.25. I collect vintage dish-ware and this will be great addition to my pieces (I'll show you sometime), plus, great price, huh?


All the shops have such a great selection of vintage finds.

Austin Modern, Homegirls and La Luz all have a well-edited selection and reasonable prices. Austin Modern had some great lamps. This set caught my eye (one of a set shown, around $120/set).



Photos from La Luz's myspace page:








Hog Wild and Room Service are more on the kitschy/rockabilly side of modern. It's so much fun to rummage thru their stores. They really feel like you've stepped back in time.

Photos from Hog Wild's myspace page:




2 comments:

CK said...

you know what caught my eye? that chicken pot pie coming outta the oven after a day of vintage store shoppin. then it caught my nose and my taste buds.

Jen said...

I LOVE that casserole dish!

I'm going to have to check out a few of those stores...