11.05.2007

Quickie

Wow. What a weekend! There’s so much to blog about and I just spent way too much time on goodreads (I really need to start working – like, right now, but I’m blogging).

I’m itching to post something – really quick so I can’t spend a lot time chatting it up with a preface. I stumbled upon this blog – and I could spend HOURS here. I think anyone would find this site fascinating. Sleevage is all about the story behind album cover art. Combining art and music is my cup of tea.

The post on Debbie Harry caught my eye because I’m quite a Giger fan. I think the sole reason I ever watched the Alien movies is because I’m captivated with Giger’s work and involvement in the movies.


(I realize that photo can be an assualt on the eyes -- sorry, but the story is quite interesting)

From the Sleevage site:
“Giger’s cover, Koo Koo, for Debbie Harry is tremendously sensual, building on the image she developed as a rock ‘n’ roll Marilyn Monroe long before anyone else tried it. Debbie Harry’s sexuality was hidden rather than blatant and that’s continued here with a fabulous extension of her image.” -Jimmy Page
(And isn't that so true in this day and age of young, female "entertainers" that can do no better than show a little t&a to promote their music)

We'll talk later...check out Sleevage...let me know what you like!

1 comment:

CK said...

Dwell did an article on Alex Steinweiss a couple months ago... check out these awesome album covers! i think he was actually the dood that started making album covers- used to just be in boring brown paper.

http://soundfountain.org/rem/remcovart.html