11.06.2007

Easy-breezy skirt

I took a sewing class this past weekend -- learned how to make the cutest wrap skirt. And it was the easiest sewing project ever. No zippers, no measuring, no seams. I can now whip up one of these in an hour.



I didn't have any help with these photos, so they aren't very good. And the skirt ties in the back -- which made it difficult for me to get a shot from that angle.





This is the skirt laid out in all it's glory. As you can tell, it will fit a wide range of sizes, which is why it's perfect!

If you are interested in making your own super cute wrap skirt you can sign up at Craft-o-Rama. You will probably need some basic sewing machine skills for this lesson.

Can I gush about Craft-o-Rama for a second? I really love this place people. Like, a lot. Craft-o-Rama is a fabric & supplies store, sewing/knitting lounge and crafty boutique. It's located on S. Congress across from St. Edward's University, next to Amy's Ice Cream. The owner, Hayley Pannone, is so friendly and inviting. I sent my daughter here for a week-long crafty camp this past Summer and she enjoyed every single minute. Hayley still asks about her...how sweet is that! What I love most about Craft-o-Rama is the selection of designer cotton fabric. I'm talking Amy Butler, Joel Dewberry, Alexander Henry, Robert Kaufman and so much more. It's hard to find that stuff around town. If you sign up for email updates you can receive valuable coupons and these fabrics don't go on sale too often (if you've perused the internet you know). Also, the classes are very affordable and all of the instructors are down to earth. The store definitely has an Austin vibe and is gaining attention for it. Craft-o-Rama was just named "best place to get hooked or needled" in the Austin Chronicle's Best of - Critics' Pick 2007. Congrats! - it's well deserved.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

REALLY CUTE!!! I think I'm going to take the Sewing 101 class in December sometime. I will keep you posted!