10.03.2008

Just called to chat...

Fridays kick my butt!! I am taking a much needed break here at work and having a nice drink (it's ok, we're allowed). I remember when I used to have a job where Fridays would be the goof off/leave early day. Oh well. Anyways, I thought we could chat for a bit.

Starbucks has me all pissy lately. I still love my grande vanilla latte's, but they've been pushing their Pike's Peak roast and I'm not liking it at all. I even bought some to take home hoping that I could brew it to my liking, but nope, it's still grody and now I've wasted $10. So, Starbucks and I are going to take a break and I'm going to start seeing other Barista's. McDonald’s coffee rated better than Starbucks in a recently published taste test. Anyone agree? I tried the dark roast over at Ruta Maya today and I was so pleased!

On to the next topic...Alexandria and I were able to attend the Austin City Limits Music Festival last Sunday.



That was my first time and it was actually pretty fun!! I am deathly afraid of large crowds, so I avoid going every year even though I've received free tickets from work. I've got to hand it to them...the festival is set up very well. Gourmet food options made it a bit more exciting for me too. I was excited to see Neko Case and I got to catch Joe Bonamassa for a few minutes. On their own, they are amazing vocalists, but ACL isn't the right venue for them because they aren't backed up by a really loud band. They would really shine in a smaller club, like Antone's or La Zona Rosa. However, Gnarls Barkley and Foo Fighters were a lot of fun! They were on the main AT&T stage, which looked like it was backed up by more speakers so maybe that was the difference because you could enjoy them from a long distance. That was great since we brought our chairs; we just sat back and enjoyed the show (we got up and danced too!).

On the way to ACL we were listening to the radio and I heard the new Kings of Leon song, Sex on Fire, and I was so impressed! Its loud and pure rock n roll...I really love it. I can't say that I've ever paid attention to that band before, but I plan to check them out on Itunes later.

Here's a link to the song if you'd like to take a listen: SEX ON FIRE - via YAHOO MUSIC

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

CK said...

sah, how you not gonna tell me you went to ACL at lunchtime???! awes... we saw kings of leon at the 2nd ACL, and they ruled. back in their long haired hippie days.

V said...

WHAT A GREAT PICTURE OF YOU AND ALEX!!! I LOVE IT!!!!

opalessence said...

Your daughter is turning into such a beautiful young lady!