6.26.2008

Currently loving...

Michelada's!
(It's a drink...with alcohol)


Michelada's are a lot like a Bloody Mary, but with beer in place of Vodka and I like to sip one on the back patio on a Summer evening. With the tomato juice it's almost like having your dinner and drinks at the same time!

How does one make such a drink? Let me share...
What you will need:
-Beer, preferably of the Mexican variety. I use Corona Light because I'm watching my girlish figure
-Tomato juice (some recipe's use Clamato, but I'm not down with clam juice anywhere near my alcohol)
-worcestershire sauce
-Soy sauce
-Fresh lime juice
-Coarse salt (sea salt)

First, rim your glass with salt (if you're into that). Take a lime wedge, cut a slit and run it around the rim of your glass. Pour some coarse salt in a dish and rub the rim of your glass in the salt. Fill that glass with some ice. Pour in your beer.

To make the mix: In a mixing glass pour 6 oz. of tomato juice, squeeze one fresh lime, about 5 shakes of worcestershire sauce, about 3 shakes of soy sauce, and some coarse salt to taste (I like mine salty). If you like hot stuff then add some hot sauce to taste. Pour the mix over your beer and mix all of it together. Now you're ready to sit back and enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like micheladas a lot, but I can't stand ice and beer. I like the way El Chile makes them, rimmed with spices, sans ice. They come in a glass the size and shape of a fish bowl.

CK said...

Man, the way you make this looks so delicious! el gringo drinks his beer shotgun style unfortunately.

D E A N N A said...

Ambie-
The size of a fish bowl? Dang...that's a lot of tomato juice!
We'll have to get together for a Michelada (sans ice for you)/Guitar Hero combo! What you say?

CK-
Beer all by itself ain't really my style...but I'm weird I guess! ;)

Unknown said...

I love your micheladas!! And you make them look so good!!