2.25.2008

This stuff they call "snow"

So, I was recently in NY for a second to visit my friend Megan. Luckily, I came just in time to experience this stuff they call "snow."


Heehee.

Being from Austin, Texas we don't see snow often. I think we got a little bit about 4 years ago. I also heard we had some good snow back in '85, but I was too young to remember. I am slightly afraid of cold weather. I guess I am quite adapted to 100+ degree temperatures because I complain that I'm cold when it's in the 60's! Naturally, I didn't know how to react when I woke up and saw this outside the bedroom window.



(slight) Panic was my first reaction. I didn't feel prepared to go outside...that one day it snowed in Austin I never even stepped out the door. I thought it would be unbearably cold. I was NOT looking forward to this, but you know what?...it was totally okay! In fact, it was pretty amazing. Central Park was a sight to behold. So pristine with all of that fluffy snow. People were out with their kids and dogs, some on skii's, some making snowmen. I have to say it was one of the best days I've ever had.

(Photos below of Central Park at 96th street entrance. Click to enlarge)








Thanks to Megan, Karen & Adome for making this trip possible. XOXO

3 comments:

CK said...

makes me miss michigan snowy winters as a kid. man. so rad!

Unknown said...

I really hope we can take a trip together someday!! I'm so glad you had a good trip!
Love you!

D E A N N A said...

Vanessa,
I'm looking forward to that day too! :)
XOXO